Living Saviour’s Endowment is a fund that was established by the congregation in which 5% of the market value of the fund is used each year to further our mission to “welcome people to Jesus Christ, equip them to grow in faith and send them to serve others.” It provides a way for members to give over and above the general fund and establishes a method to provide finances into the future for our mission. The funds are to be distributed for programs and activities both inside Living Saviour and for Outreach opportunities outside the church.
At the bottom of this page you can see a list of organizations and projects that have received assistance from the endowment over the past few years.
The Endowment Fund is administered and managed by the Endowment Fund Committee made up of 7 voting members of the congregation approved by the Congregation Council. 2021 Endowment Committee Members are: Barbara Avard – Chair, Steve Axtman – Vice-Chair, Rev. Linda Hatcher, Kristen Haigler, Tom Schick, and John Williams. Pastor Angela Powell is an ex-officio member with a vote.
Talk to a member of the committee if you have a request for an organization you feel passionate about supporting or want to contribute to the fund. You can also click here to download the brochure or pick-up a brochure to the left of the sanctuary entrance.
If you have a request for an organization/cause you would like the committee to consider, please click here to get a Request for Funds form.
DISTRIBUTIONS TO DATE
- Salvation Army Center of Hope (Women and children’s shelter)
- Pineville Elementary School (for Chromebooks)
- Living Waters Lutheran Church food bank – Cherokee
- NC Synod Lifeline Fund
- Roof Above (homeless shelter)
- Loaves and Fishes
- Baby Bundles (provides newborn necessities to mothers in need leaving the hospital)
- Smithfield Elementary – raffle prizes for fundraiser
- Pat’s Place
- LSLC Day Camp (t-shirts and van/gas for field trip)
- Bibles for Preschool Graduation
- Smithfield Elementary – backpack program & winter coats/clothes
- Emmaus – teacher gift boxes/supplies for Thomasboro Academy (West Charlotte)
- Bethlehem Lutheran Church – Support for “A House Divided” Conference
- UNCC Cooperative Christian Ministry
- Housing & Books for Dawn Schaeffer Seminary
- Larry King’s Clubhouse
- NC Synod Lifeline Fund
- On Eagle’s Wings
- Lutheran Services Carolinas – youth library at Arbor Glen
- Partial scholarship to LSLC Preschool
- Salvation Army Center of Hope Emergency Shelter for women & families
- Salvation Army Boys & Girls Club – STEM materials
See how Endowment Fund distributions enhance life in the community. Read a thank you from one of our 2013 Fund beneficiaries, Dress For Success Charlotte.
Dress for Success website: dressforsuccess.org.